CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Mentoring Memories

During college, a couple from our church adopted my husband and me. I now see this as one of God's BIG provisions for my life. It was a difficult period--a wonderful, yet difficult period of life for me. For starters, I was 18 years old and newly married. And although it wasn't entirely true, it felt like I was the ONLY married 18 year old in college! It was a lonely time for me.

So from the kitchen of a lady who probably has no idea what an impact she really made on me.....

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 pt. sour cream
1 can chopped green chilies
Flour tortillas Shredded into strips
1 lb. grated cheese (I always use a blend)
3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded

Butter the bottom of a 13 by 9 baking pan. Layer the bottom covering well with strips of flour tortillas. Start with covering with cubed chicken. Combine soup, sour cream, and green chilies in saucepan and heat until mixed well. Cover chicken with soup mixture. Then top casserole with cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Yum! We like to bake a loaf of fresh bread with this one!

0 comments: