CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 7, 2008

What's For Dinner?

Tonight from the Kitchen of JMBMOMMY:


Shrimp Alfredo
(You can use Chicken!)

I didn't have a recipe or a plan...but this is what I did and it turned out yummy!

Rigatoni -- I used Barilla brand -- boiled for 10 min and rinsed in cold water.

I used Wild Gulf Brown Shrimp Peeled and Deveined - Raw - Ready to cook. 16 oz

Heated a Wok for 3-4 min (until pan begins to smoke) then added 2 Tbsp of olive oil. Stir fried the shrimp for 2-3 min and seasoned with salt and pepper. Okay, I like my shrimp reallllly done --so I continued to cook it longer--I want them to be browned a little-weird I know. I also love a buttery taste--so I add a little country crock lite at the end. Not healthy I know.

Then I added the rigatoni to the wok and 16 oz jar of Alfredo Cream Sauce -- I used Archer Farm brand. Remember, I don't love cooking....so you can of course make your own sauce....but for me this is easy, yummy, and only 80 calories--and NOT heavy like homemade sauces!

Once it was all mixed together and steaming hot...I sprinkled Italian Seasoning VERY generously. Stir again.....

Hubby topped his with fresh Parmesan cheese.

Served with Crescent Rolls.

0 comments: